The LA Times has an article about Knott’s Scary Farm’s 2010 mazes and Scare Zones. It also ranks what they believe are the best, rest, and worst mazes coming back. Scare Zone will have to disagree with some of their rankings such as cronstalkers which isn’t one of the worst and The Salughterhouse which isn’t one of the best.
The thing with Knott’s, like other haunts, is one’s expereince in a maze and the scare factor can vary greatly depending on when they go. That is why we reccomend going to haunts earlier in the season when the talent is fresh or during weeknights. Opening weekends can be fun but then you must keep in mind that the scareactors are still learning what scares really work on their victims.
Knott’s Berry Farm unveils Halloween Haunt 2010 mazes
Knott’s Berry Farm will add three new mazes for Halloween Haunt 2010, according to theme park officials. The 38th annual Knott’s Scary Farm will take place on Wednesday through Sunday nights from Sept. 24 through Oct. 31 (except for Sept. 29). Knott’s Berry Farm. The granddaddy of Halloween events will feature 13 mazes scattered throughout the Buena Park theme park, with construction currently underway in backstage areas.
New mazes for 2010:
- Sleepy Hollow Mountain, featuring the headless horseman legend with ghosts, ghouls, witches and goblins, replaces the Pyromaniax theme (on the Timber Mountain log ride).
- Virus Z replicates a small town overrun by infected cannibals, zombies and blood-thirsty corpses, replacing the woefully bad Quarantine maze (in Fiesta Plaza).
- Fallout Shelter, where the insane residents haven’t seen the sun since the Atomic Age, replaces the tired and predictable Alien Annihilation 3-D laser-tag maze (near Reflection Lake).
Returning mazes from 2009:
- > Terror of London
- > Lockdown: The Asylum
- > Slaughterhouse
- > Dia de los Muertos (in 3-D)
- > The Labyrinth
- > Black Widow’s Cavern
- > Club Blood
- > Uncle Bobo’s Big Top of the Bizarre (in 3-D)
- > The Doll Factory
- > Cornstalkers
Halloween Haunt will once again feature three scare zones, including:
- > The Necropolis, with Victorian Steampunk vampires haunting a city of the dead, replaces The Gauntlet scare zone in Camp Snoopy (New for 2010).
- > Carnevil (in the Boardwalk area)
- > Ghost Town (in the Wild West area)
Also returning for 2010: “The Hanging” pop-culture comedy revue plus several shows