Our top rated maze in California for 2011 was at the Winchester Mystery House located in San Jose. Their haunted attraction “captured the elusive magic of Halloween in a nearly perfect way”. We really loved this attraction. Each scene was completely detailed, perfectly lit, and told the story of the Winchester Mystery House while bringing in the true icons of Halloween, such as Jack-o-Lanterns, scarecrows, and ghosts. And make no mistake: this attraction was SCARY! There were a lot of unexpected and well-planned scares. Now, the award-winning Winchester Mystery House® attraction “Fright Nights” returns for a second year kicking off on Friday, September 28, 2012.
The world-famous mysterious, rambling and reportedly haunted home of Sarah Winchester has more thrills and exciting additions to last year’s award-winning Maze and Mansion tour. Throughout September and October the grounds of the Winchester Estate will be transformed into the world’s most terrifying Halloween experience. Filled with haunted walk-through attractions, roaming scare performers, and nightmare inducing tales, “Fright Nights” will once again be an event visitors won’t want to miss.
“We are excited to bring the Winchester Mystery House® ‘Fright Nights’ back to life for a second year,” said Brett Tomberlin, President of Imagination Design Works. “To give visitors even more, we are stepping up the 40-minute maze by adding over 100 spine-chilling characters and surprises around every corner. The Mansion ‘Flashlight Tour’ is also ramped up in a way that will shock and awe visitors.”
CURSE OF SARAH WINCHESTER: THE RESURRECTION Maze Length: 40 Minutes!!
Guests at Winchester Mystery House®“Fright Nights” will have the exclusive opportunity to experience the revamped “Curse of Sarah Winchester Maze” – an interactive, multi-sensory gateway between Heaven and Hell which will be opened exclusively for visitors of “Fright Nights.” Reports have said, that for a lifetime, Sarah Winchester built and rebuilt her house to avoid a treacherous curse and to escape the legacy of death. Those who perished by the Winchester rifle seek revenge and are ready to torment souls. Visitors find themselves trapped inside an estate that is empowered by the undead as they travel through the Corn Fields of Winchester Mystery House®, into the haunted ruins of the family Graveyard and ultimately, to a showdown with Sarah herself as she presides over one of her infamous séances.
“WALK WITH THE SPIRITS” FLASHLIGHT TOUR Tour Length: 35 Minutes
Tour the mansion as you never have before – on your own. Since Sarah’s death, millions of people have visited her home and many have reported sighting ghosts. Do the phantoms Sarah communed with, or does perhaps Sarah herself, still lurk nightly in the maze-like corridors of the Winchester Mystery House®? You’ll tour the rambling, mysterious mansion with only the moonlight, a souvenir flashlight, and your imagination to provide illumination through the bewildering labyrinth of rooms and stairways.
• “Fright Nights” is a special ticketed event at the world famous Winchester Mystery House®. On select nights in September and October, the grounds of the Winchester Estate are transformed into Northern California’s most terrifying Halloween experience, filled with haunted walk-through attractions, intense scares, roaming scare performers, and nightmare inducing tales. Remember we do not build haunted houses…we are one!
• The Curse of Sarah Winchester Maze is 40 minutes in length, making it one of the longest haunted attractions on the West Coast.
• A total of 110 performers bring the Curse of Sarah Winchester Maze to life every night.
• The bell tower which chimes during the pre-show of “Fright Nights” is the same Sarah Winchester used in her nightly séances.
• The carriage in the pumpkin patch scene below Sarah Winchester’s bedroom is actually an authentic buggy which was owned by Winchester the rifle heiress.
• The graveyard you enter in the maze is actually a real pet cemetery. Make sure you pay your respects to Baron and Spirit.
• Five rooms you pass through in the Halloween Flashlight Tours are actually renowned for being haunted. Paranormal investigations were held in the Séance Room, Sarah’s Bedroom, Daisy Bedroom, Main Ballroom, and Basement by SyFy Channel’s Ghost Hunters and Travel Channel’s Most Haunted.
• If visitors look hard enough they will see Sarah Winchester’s recurring theme of “13” which was tied to her infamous home and also themed into various elements of the haunt.
SPECIAL TICKET INFO:
Pre-sale tickets from Aug. 1 – Sept. 9: $35 or $50 VIP
Two-pack tickets available at any Northern CA Costco from Sept. 10 – Oct. 31: $54.99
From Sept. 28 – Oct. 14: $40 or $55 VIP
From Oct. 15 – Nov. 3: $45 or $60 VIP
Tickets now available HERE
*VIP tickets include front of line access – Limited quantities available
*Regular and VIP tickets include access to the Curse of Sarah Winchester Maze and Walk with the Spirits Flashlight Tour
For more information please visit their website.