This weekend the successful and scaringly popular ScareLA returns to kickoff Haunt Season in L.A. This year’s convention moves from Downtown L.A. out to the even larger Pasadena Convention Center.
ScareLA premiered in 2013 as the first Los Angeles convention dedicated to celebrating Halloween. Situated in the entertainment capital of the world it combines the city’s top talent and unique cultural setting with a twist! Drawing fans and haunt entertainment professionals, the event features top attraction designers and operators, manufacturers, artists, filmmakers and more. The weekend-long Halloween season teaser celebrates California’s hottest scary faire with attraction unveils, workshops and classes, top industry panels, haunt tours, screenings and activities. Share, inspire, play – ScareLA.
Here’s some of what you can expect to see this weekend:
- Curated collection of exhibitors showcasing scary goods, services & job opportunities
- Expert and celebrity panels on the haunt business, horror entertainment and more
- Presentations of top and upcoming local haunts with sneak peaks and unveils
- Performances by local horror themed theatre companies and musicians
- Professional demos of makeup, set building, costume creation, animatronics and more
- Hands-on workshops taught by top haunt industry professionals for all skill levels and ages
- Screening room showing premiere attraction walk-throughs and local horror filmmakers
- Interactive experiences, games, roaming monsters and more!
Of course we’re especially looking forward to the special panels featuring major west coast haunts including: Knott’s Scary Farm, Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor, Six Flags Fright Fest, Universal Studios Hollywood’s Halloween Horror Nights. We expect that there’ll some announcements and reveals about this year’s maze and haunt offerings.
There’s also special experiences from our fiends at Zombie Joe’s Underground Theater and SoCal Valley Haunters Workshops.
Tickets are still available if you’re lagging behind and haven’t purchased yours yet. Buy them today!
We’ll continue to provide more tips and information through the week as we prepare to stalk ScareLA!
Here’s a look back at ScareLA 2014