Last year, when Sinister Pointe hinted at the possibility of establishing a “horror-themed” bar in Orange County, we began salivating at just the thought of all the possibilities. This week, they’ve made it official with their press release:
Sinister Pointe Productions, the minds behind some of the most popular haunted attractions worldwide, announces the unveiling of its brand new venture, Sinister Pointe’s Spirit Lounge coming soon to downtown Brea. This highly unique and interactive bar will feature state-of-the-art special visual FX, gags and an amazing collection of ever-changing classic and current horror movie replicas and original collectibles.
In addition, they promise:
- Creative drink specials
- Cocktail glasses that move around a Oujia Board table top
- Ghostly apparitions
- TVs that will only show black-and-white TV and movie classics like the Twilight Zone and Psycho
They’ve released a concept photo of the bar area, showing the Haunted Mansion-style decor and Ouija Board tables:
This concept reminds us a lot of one of our other favorite places in Orange County: Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland Hotel, another heavily themed bar with special effects. If Sinister Pointe can replicate even half the feeling of Disney’s bar, we will surely be glued to our seats at their Ouija Board tables.
Sinister Pointe will be launching a Kickstarter campaign in a couple of weeks to help get this project off the ground. Incentives will include:
1. Spirit Lounge Posters and Pins
2. VIP passes to the Sinister Pointe Haunted Attraction
3. “The Spirit Lounge would not exist if it wasn’t for me” T-shirts
4. Your name engraved on our plaques/tombstones located at the Spirit Lounge
5. VIP membership cards
6. Your name and face zombified, framed, and displayed on the Spirit Lounge walls
7. A Specialty drink named by you or after you
8. Invitation to the private VIP Celebrity Red Carpet Grand Opening Party
No official opening date has been given yet, but be sure to check back often, as Scare Zone can’t wait to be one of the first to raise a glass to the spirits at the Spirit Lounge!